- On November 20, 2015
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) has notified the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum(UAM) under the MSMED Act, 2006 vide gazette notification[SO No. 2576(E)] dated 18-09-2015 in order to promote ease of doing business for MSMEs. Earlier, the process of registration was highly complex and time taking process, it has reduced total registered industries as 15.60lakh out of 361.76lakh MSMEs in India. A one page simple on line registration form has been replaced Entrepreneur’s Memorandum Part I&II. Now MSMEs can register their enterprise after entering Aadhaar Number in http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in.
Main features of this system are;
Simple & user friendly registration
No declaration/attestation required
No documents need to attach
No fee for registration
User can file multiple Udyog Adhar from same Aadhaar Number.
In case User unable to file by self, District Industry Centre will do it by request.
Guidelines for Filing the Online Udyog Aadhaar Form :-
1. Aadhaar Number – 12 digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant should be filled in the appropriate field.
2. Name of Owner– The applicant should fill his/her name strictly as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI. E.g. if Raj Pal Singh has his name as Raj P. Singh, the same should accordingly be entered if the name does not match with the Aadhar Number, the applicant will not be able to fill the form further.
To Validate Aadhar:-
Validate Aadhar– The applicant must click on Validate Aadhaar button for verification of Aadhaar, after that only user can fill the form further.
Reset– The applicant can click on reset button to clear the field of Aadhaar No and Name of the owner for different Aadhaar.
3. Social Category– The Applicant may select the Social Category (General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Castes (OBC). The proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC may be asked by appropriate authority, if and when required.
4. Name of Enterprise– The Applicant must fill the name by which his/her Enterprise is known to the customers/public and is a legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number as Enterprise 1 and Enterprise 2 etc.
5. Type of Organization– The Applicant may select from the given list the appropriate type of the organisation for his/her enterprise. The Applicant must ensure that he/she is authorised by the legal entity (i.e. enterprise being registered for Udyog Aadhaar) to fill this online form. Only one Udyog Aadhaar number shall be issued for each enterprise.
6. Postal Address– The Applicant should fill in the appropriate field the complete postal address of the Enterprise including State, District, Pin code, Mobile No and Email.
7. Date of Commencement– The date in the past on which the business entity commenced its operations may be filled in the appropriate field.
8. Previous Registration Details(if any)– If the Applicant’s enterprise, for which the Udyog Aadhaar is being applied, is already issued a valid EM-I/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI registration prevailing prior to the said Act, such number may be mentioned in the appropriate place.
9. Bank Details– The Applicant must provide his/her bank account number used for running the Enterprise in the appropriate place. The Applicant must also provide the IFS Code of the bank’s branch where his/her mentioned account exists. The IFS code is now a days printed on the Cheque Books issued by the bank. Alternatively, if the Applicant knows the name of the Bank and the branch where his/her account is there, the IFSC code can be found from website of the respective Bank.
10. Major Activity– The major activity i.e. either “Manufacturing” or “Service” may be chosen by the enterprise for Udyog Aadhaar.
11. NIC Code– The Applicant may choose as appropriate National Industrial Classification-2008 (NIC) Code for the selected “Major Activity”. The NIC codes are prepared by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India..
12. Person employed– The total number of people who are directly been paid salary/ wages by the enterprise may be mentioned in the appropriate field.
13. lnvestment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment– While computing the total investment , the original investment ( purchase value of items) is to be taken into account excluding tho cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by notification of RBI. If an enterprise started with a set of plant and machinery purchased in 2008 worth Rs. 70.00 lakh has procured additional plant and machinery in the year 2013 worth Rs. 65.00 lakh, then the total investment in Plant & Machinery may be treated as Rs. 135.00 lakh.
14. DIC– The Applicant, based on the location of the Enterprise, has to fill in location of DIC. This Column will be active and show option only when there are more than one DIC in the district. In fact if there is only one DIC in the district system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
15. Submit– The Applicant must click on Submit button to generate acknowledgment number.